Adidas has presented Lionel Messi with 8 rings to commemorate his 8 Ballon d’Or awards. Each ring represents a specific achievement in his career. Here are the details of each ring:
- 2009: “El Beso” (The Kiss) symbolizes Messi’s celebration of kissing the trophy after winning the Champions League final against Manchester United.
- 2010: “Apunta Al Cielo” (Aim for the Sky) pays tribute to Messi’s mystical celebration dedicated to his grandmother, Celia.
- 2011: “GOAT” (Greatest of All Time) represents Messi’s role as the key player in the best team in history, Pep’s Barcelona.
- 2012: “91” signifies the number of goals Messi scored in a calendar year, setting a historic record.
- 2015: This ring commemorates Messi’s victory in his last Champions League, making it a total of 4 wins.
- 2019: This ring celebrates Messi’s achievement of winning his sixth Golden Shoe, making him the top winner.
- 2021: “South American Champion” honors Messi’s triumph in the Copa América, where he was named the Most Valuable Player and top scorer.
- 2023: “The Three Stars” pays tribute to Argentina’s World Cup victory, symbolizing their status as world champions.
These rings serve as a testament to Messi’s incredible career and the numerous milestones he has achieved.